Drying the floors and carpets in your home can be easy if you have the right tools, and there are quite a few choices available to help you dry faster, safer, and more effectively. Using an efficient air mover can dramatically reduce the drying time for wet floors and carpets, making your entire family’s life more comfortable.
Many different floor blow dryers are available in the market, each with unique perks. So naturally, the best option for you will depend on your specific needs. But, with all of the different types of floor and carpet dryers, it can be challenging to determine which one is best for your home’s particular needs. So, to help you make an informed decision on this matter, I’m providing the reviews of some of the most popular floor blow dryers available today.
Table of Contents
Lasko U12104 High Velocity Pro Pivoting Utility Fan
Lasko has more than a hundred years of experience in the industry and has earned quite a reputation for high-quality fans. With innovative designs, durable construction, and affordable prices, you can trust this brand for exceptional performance in your home or workspace.
- Perfectly fits in small spaces with 12.2×9.6×12.3 inches dimensions
- Built-in handle for easy carrying
- Manual controls for speed setting
- Two 120v grounded outlets to power the additional tools and charge other electronic devices
- The robust design uses only .70x.75x.80 AMPs and 250x270x285 CFMs on low, medium, and high speeds
This High-Velocity Pro Pivoting Utility Fan has several features that make it stand out from the rest of the competition. It can be efficiently used for cooling, ventilating, exhausting, and drying purposes. The most notable feature is its pivoting action with three powerful fan speeds, designed to effectively circulate air in any area of your room as required. This product has an excellent balance of power and portability yet weighs only 8.7 pounds.
MOUNTO 1/5hp 3 Speed 800cfm Mini Commercial Air Mover
This floor dryer fan is one of the most affordable models in this category. Because of its low price tag, it’s not surprising that it’s a popular choice among those who need an air mover but can’t afford the more expensive options on the market. However, it’s not only cheap – it’s also powerful and well-made, making it an excellent choice overall, especially considering its low price.
- It gives a powerful performance with 800 CFMs 1/5 HP and 3-speed settings
- Its mini size is perfect for drying small and cramped spaces such as closets and cabinets
- Durable handle and wheel kit allow easy maneuvering
- Heavy-duty roto-mold housing makes it an ideal choice for industrial and commercial environments
- Comes with a 10 ft. 14 AWG attached cord
It is a compact fan that can easily fit in a corner, making it ideal for use in small spaces such as a bathroom or kitchen. It uses a manual control for 3-speed settings and can work in three different positions or angles so that you can use it effectively according to your needs.
XPOWER P-80A Mini Mighty Air Mover
This multi-purpose mini air blower can be efficiently used to dry carpets, walls, furniture, paint, and even a car’s interior. It has a slim and compact size that conveniently lets you carry it anywhere. Also, if you want to dry a narrow area such as under the counter or the sink cabinet, XPower will come in very handy. Moreover, it has an outer housing made of commercial quality polypropylene (PP), making it lightweight, durable, and heat resistant.
- It has a powerful and energy-efficient induction motor that blasts up to 600 CFMs and will not let your electricity bill go very high
- With dimensions of 11.5×9.3×12.3 inches and weighing only 7.9 lbs. it can be easily stacked up to four units high, saving lots of storage space
- Great design with built-in power outlets to charge other appliances
- It features 3-speed settings and 4-angle drying positions of 0, 20, 45, and 90 degrees
- 1-Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty and ETL/CETL Safety Certifications are the bonus features
This fan blower is equipped with all the features you will need in a blower. It is tiny but tough, with infinite possibilities for narrow spaces where other fan blowers will fail. So, you can use its decisive blow to dry up challenging areas at a fraction of the cost.
XPOWER FC-300 Professional Grade Air Circulator
It is a powerful fan for quick drying or ventilating purpose. It is a professional-grade utility fan meant for heavy-duty usage, especially in warehouses, workshops, stores, and other commercial settings. It equally works efficiently in residential spaces where robust air circulation is needed.
- It features a ¼ horsepower motor that uses 1.5 AMPs to produce 2100 CFMs for maximum energy efficiency
- Blows air up to 170 ft. high with a unique spiral grill and deep-set blade design
- It provides 360-degree rotational air circulation in every corner of the room with its high torque and advanced motor
- Comes with 10 feet heavy duty cord that can be wrapped around the fan housing for neat storage
- Features a remarkable 3-hour Set-N-Forget timer and a 4-speed control switch
Moreover, XPOWER products are known for their excellent quality and performance. They also come with all safety certifications and the manufacturer’s 1-year limited warranty. Being professional-grade, it boasts rugged housing that will last a long time. So, if you are looking for a lightweight and compact design with a powerful performance, then it’s the right choice.
Lasko High Velocity X-Blower Utility Fan
X-Blower’s high-speed air stream can instantly cool down the hottest spaces in any house or commercial setting. This heavy-duty mover circulates and exhausts stuffy air in no time. It is ideal for drying floors and wet carpeting in kitchens, basements, commercial sites, etc. Also, it is lightweight and easy to handle with some outstanding features.
- The unique design offers six stable positions to direct airflow to any particular spot that needs it
- It offers a 120 volts outlet to plug in any additional equipment. Plus, it also has 2 USB ports for mobile devices
- It saves a lot of space, being only 11 inches tall and 9×12 inches wide. Also, it fits in many places without difficulty where many other fan styles fail
- Features 3 powerful speed options and easy to use electronic push buttons to adjust the speed as required
- It is ETL listed and comes with a 6 inch attached cord fitted with a 3-prong grounded plug and a circuit breaker with a reset button
X-Blower’s rugged design makes it suitable for use in garages and workshops. It can easily be carried from place to place with the help of its handle, while its anti-slip feed keeps it grounded wherever it’s placed.
Soleaire Max Storm 1/2 HP Durable Lightweight Air Mover
It is a perfect fan blower if you need to dry an area quickly to avoid leaving footprints or prevent any slip hazards. This quick-drying feature makes it an essential part of commercial cleaning or janitorial systems. Max Storm from Soleaire delivers the best heavy-duty and professional performance in commercial environments with non-stop and frequent foot traffic. Moreover, its single-piece housing makes it a durable product to be used in harsh settings.
- Powerful ½ HP motor for heavy-duty performance in janitorial services, carpet cleaning, and water damage restoration
- Its three operating angles let you blow air across the room at 0, 45, and 90-degree angles, making it an ideal choice for garages, shops, and even homes
- Features a recessed and water-resistant switch for two separate speed settings for customized airflow according to the job at hand
- Easy and single-person maneuvering is its key feature. Being lightweight and compact, it can efficiently reach restricted spaces for quick drying
- 25-feet long cord (that can be wrapped around the housing) makes it reach distant spots easily from the power source
It is a rugged and dependable air mover for professional service providers in janitorial and carpet cleaning businesses. The durable roto-molded polyethylene housing can efficiently survive the use and abuse of working in such commercial environments. So, Max Storm will be your cleaning partner for a long time.
Stalwart Portable Adjustable Industrial Fan Blower
This industrial fan blower delivers high-speed but quiet performance. You will get the absolute best price and value on this Stalwart product. It comes with 3-speed settings for quickly drying slippery floors, entrances, and wet carpets, making it an excellent blower for industrial use or home projects. Plus, the conveniently located handle allows you to carry it anywhere with ease.
- Includes a built-in circuit breaker with a reset switch and motor overload protection
- It has a classic and traditional design with 85x7x12 inch dimensions making it more suitable for industrial usage but can work in homes as well
- This industrial fan is made up of high-quality ABS material, which results in a lightweight (considering the size) and long-lasting product
- It is a high-velocity blower compatible with a rate of up to 120 V, which can cover the needs of homes and industries alike
- Also, it comes with two built-in ground sockets and a long 8.5 feet 14 gauge grounded power cord for safe functionality
If you overlook its large size, it performs exceptionally well and is energy efficient. So, if your main focus is performance, then it can prove to be an excellent investment for your cleaning and drying needs.
XPOWER P-130A Mini Air Mover
It provides perfect solutions to every drying need in your household with its wide airflow pattern. It has a lightweight and compact build, perfect for auto interiors, under counters, and other restricted spaces. Its advanced fan technology provides an extended and focused airflow for covering huge areas. In addition, its polypropylene (PP) housing is made from state-of-the-art injection molding technology resulting in a rugged and durable product.
- Equipped with a 1/5 HP efficient motor, it can blast up to 700 CFMs while using only 2 Amps at its highest speed
- Offers three speeds with 4-angle adjustments at 0, 20, 45, and 90 degrees for focused airflow towards problem areas
- Comes with built-in dual power outlets for daisy chain and to link multiple units together
- With dimensions of 10.7×12.4×13.3 inches and weighing less than 10 pounds, it can be moved around conveniently
- Has a stackable design and can be stacked up to 6 units high for space-saving storage and easy transportation.
It is a reliable air unit that comes at an affordable price too. And although it is an economical product, it works like a pro which is its greatest strength.
STANLEY Industrial High Velocity Blower Fan
It is a heavy-duty utility blower of industrial caliber. A pivoting head provides a focused and high-velocity airflow ideal for many drying and cooling applications. It is lightweight and easy to carry by its sturdy and large-sized handle. Its small size makes it ideal for use in the kitchen, bathroom, or other small spaces.
- It is a very compact model with dimensions of 12.5x10x12 inches while weighing around 9 pounds only
- Has a manual switch for 3-speed settings for quick cooling and drying
- Adjustable head allows directing air to any specific area where you need it the most
- Comes with a conveniently located accessory outlet to turn on any other electrical equipment alongside this fan
- Features a 10 amp circuit breaker with a reset button for protection
Stanley Industrial blower has a minimalist design and features, making it easy to use. It moves an impressive amount of air despite its small size. However, it can be a little louder at high speed, but it’s forgivable, considering its efficient performance.
MOUNTO 1/4hp 1200CFM Low Profile Air Mover
It is one powerful and durable air mover with a sturdy design. Its compact design saves you a lot of storage space. In addition, it has an ultra-low height of just 9.5 inches, making it an excellent choice for carpet drying and restoration projects.
- Its ¼ HP motor draws only 1.9 amps to produce 1200 CFMs for a solid airflow to accelerate the drying process
- It’s stackable for up to 10 units that can maximize your accessible floor space
- Comes with a long 25 feet and 14 AWG power cord
- Features a dual GFCI power outlet for a daisy chain of over five units
- Has a roto-mold housing making it a sturdy and long-lasting air mover
It weighs 25.2 pounds which is quite heavy compared to many other high-performing air movers. Moreover, it doesn’t have variable speeds making it less desirable if you want quick drying.
What to consider when buying an air mover or carpet/floor dryer?
Air movers have become extremely popular in the past few years because of how effectively they circulate air throughout an area.
The fact is, air movers all do the same thing, but with different levels of performance and efficiency and at various price points. If you want to ensure you’re getting the best bang for your buck, consider the following factors when buying air movers.
CFM – Airflow volume
CFM refers to cubic feet per minute, which is how much air volume is being moved by your fan. The higher the CFM rating a fan has, the more powerful it will be. Higher-CFM fans are suitable for larger rooms or those with high ceilings.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification suggests utilizing one 2,800 CFM cover dryer for every 300 square feet of the wet rug. Assuming you have a bigger space, you can buy extra floor covering dryers or consider a model with a higher CFM rating.
Horsepower directly measures how much power a floor dryer has (expressed in horsepower). So if you are looking for an industrial-grade air mover, it must be 1 HP. However, anything smaller, i.e., 1/3 or 1/4 HP unit, will do just great for homes.
It is essential to note that power and CFM ratings are two independent factors. For example, you could buy a 1/4-HP unit with 750 CFM or a 1/4-HP unit with 3,000 CFM. So, it relies upon how the fan moves the air. Meaning if you need to ventilate a large area, a stronger blower will be more suitable.
The presence of the following features will enhance your experience of using a floor dryer to its full potential. Some of these features will be more important to you than the others, so you can choose the dryer that checks more boxes for you.
It is crucial because many people want to keep their environment as quiet as possible. If you often sleep or work that requires concentration, find an air mover that makes less noise at medium speed. Generally, 1 HP motors make more noise as compared to small motors. Also, if you operate your fan at a higher speed setting, it will be noisy, so choose a model that has a bearable noise level.
Variable speed settings
Air movers aren’t all created equal, and some models don’t offer varying speeds. But mostly, the floor dryers come with three speed settings: low, medium, and high. If you want control over your movement, look for a model with multiple speed settings. Most advanced and high-end carpet dryers have variable speeds. So, if your budget is low, make sure it offers at least two modes, i.e., slow and fast.
Air movers are usually vertical or horizontal. Horizontal models are better for larger areas, while vertical units work well in small spaces like garages and workshops. However, many models offer the convenience of adjustable blowing positions, which allow you to change their position as needed. This feature is handy if you want to direct airflow from different angles.
Built-in power outlets
Sometimes you need to use more than one blower fan for a project, so you will need more than one power socket to plug in the blowers. If your air mover has built-in power outlets, it can come in very handy. You can use these outlets to daisy chain the additional units or other electrical equipment. However, be sure that these power outlets have safety features installed. It ensures that dangerous electric shocks do not occur during use.
Size and portability
People generally like to have compact and sleek designs that perform well but without occupying more space for use in households. For large areas, a large-sized model is not a problem. But, if you need to dry confined cabinets, crawl spaces, or other similar places, you will need to consider this feature.
Portability should be your primary concern if you will be transporting the air dryers from room to room or place to place. A sturdy handle is a valuable feature for ease of use. Plus, stackable designs make storage more space-saving and easier.
Usually, air movers are a compact design that can be carried anywhere needed. They are used in many different settings, including harsh environments where they are prone to tipping over or other accidents. So, you would want to have a fan blower with solid housing made of durable materials for longer life. That’s why polypropylene and polyethylene are the most favored materials for air movers.
When it comes to air movers, many people tend to buy from cheap or unknown brands. However, often it’s safer and more reliable to go with a well-known brand. These companies have been around for decades and are explicitly dedicated to manufacturing high-quality products that meet strict standards set by both manufacturers and consumers.
There are several additional features that some air mover models offer, so it’s worth looking into those extra benefits. For example, some units feature rubber wheels that help them travel smoothly over soft surfaces (like carpets), while some come with power cords of varying lengths. You can consider these extra features that sometimes make a huge difference in your overall experience with a product.
It is an essential feature as many people consider the price of a product even before they look for the features offered by the product. If you want to buy a suitable blower that offers high performance, added features, and durability, you will need to spend a good lot of money. However, I will recommend looking for essential elements in a blower according to your needs and making a wise choice accordingly. The best way is to choose a blower with outstanding performance at a minimum price so you can get satisfactory results.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between air movers and typical fans?
The critical difference between air movers, blowers, and typical fans lies in their use. Air movers are used primarily in industrial and commercial settings to help circulate large amounts of air in open spaces like factories, warehouses, garages, and farms. Also, an air blower provides a more powerful airflow than a typical fan and provides airflow directed to a specific area. In addition, they are more versatile with variable speed settings and adjustable air vents.
What are blower fans used for?
Blower fans are excellent at moving air. Generally, they are used for air circulation and cooling purposes. So, they are used in many commercial and industrial buildings. Depending on your project needs, these versatile devices can be mounted to ceilings or walls. You can also use them for a variety of other applications. For example, blower fans are often used to dry wet basements and garages. Also, they can be used for drying carpets and floors.
Why should I buy an air mover?
Air movers are beneficial to quickly dry up any wet surface or wet carpets with their solid and focused airflow. If you frequently wash carpets and upholstery in your home, then investing in a powerful air mover is a great decision.
Are air movers energy efficient?
Air movers are an excellent tool for cleaning, drying, and ventilating applications in any household. More people are buying air movers for household use because of their energy efficiency. Air movers utilize minimal power to operate, so your energy bill will not increase at all.
Using your floor dryer or air mover can save you a lot of money that can go into hiring a commercial carpet cleaning service. Air movers can also remove dampness from places other than your carpet, such as hard floors, cabinets, closets, etc. Air-movers and floor dryers are convenient to use. Moreover, a top-quality floor dryer can also help reduce mold growth in your home.
Hope the above reviews will help you choose a suitable air mover for your residential use. While it may seem like a simple purchase, many details need to be considered before you buy. Once you’ve gathered some information about your needs and wants, you can then narrow down your choices to find something that works best for you.