NuWave PIC Titanium Model 1800 Watts Induction Cooktop
With induction technology based cooktops being a new trend in everyone’s kitchen, cooking has become a lot easier and friendly for professionals and amateurs. The ease in cleaning the cooktop surface and the straightforward controls make cooking simple enough, even when cooking for plenty of people. Regardless, the efficiency in cooking is almost 45% or more than any other conventional methods of cooking. The heat produced due to electromagnetism in induction coils are transferred directly to the cookware on the cooktop surface. Thus, there is no heat loss produced in this action. Besides, the heat produced will not bring any change in temperature on the cooktop surface. No danger is involved in touching the cooktop surface even in between cooking. Such safety is surely worth bargaining. The only drawback of using an induction cooktop is that you can use only induction friendly magnetic cookwares. The bottom of the cookware that touches the cooktop surface has to be magnetic, that is, made of ferrous material. Another drawback is that the initial cost of buying such a product will be a little more than other conventional cooking types like gas and electric. Since the initial loss can be acquired in cooking, it should not be a problem. Since the whole product is just a “plug and play” sort of cooktops, there is no need of additional gas cylinders or so.
The NuWave PIC Titanium Model Induction Cooktop is being reviewed in this post. Although the specifications and ratings are the same as the previously reviewed model: NuWave PIC Pro 1800 Watts Induction Cooktop, there is a major difference in the type of cooktop surface. As the product name suggests the cooktop surface is made of titanium element. This provides the product a huge lifespan and many other advantages, which will be explained in detail below.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://amzn.to/21C0JK7″ size=”large” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” color_class=”otw-orange” target=”_blank”]CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON[/otw_shortcode_button]
We have reviewed other Nuwave models with a single burner like the PIC 14.5″ Cooktop, PIC2 with Grill, 30101 Model, and the original PIC model. Please go through the double burner 30602 model as well to compare and buy the best product.
About the Product
The cooktop comes in a round shape with one heating element with a dimension of 9 ½”. This is the maximum size of the utensil that can be used for cooking. All the controls are placed in the front of the product in an additional “bulge” which makes the design more stylish. The control pressing one press buttons include the LCD control panel in the middle, and the program button and timer button on one side, and the Pause/Clear button and Start/Stop button on the other side. A plus and minus sign are provided on both sides of the LCD control panel to change the values of the temperature, and timer controls according to the user. Intermediate, high and low values are built-in and can be given for all controls with the help of the Low, Medium-Low, Medium, Medium-High, High and Maximum buttons.
- The black colored NuWave branded model 30341 has a product dimension of 16.2 x 14.3 x 3.6 inches and has a weight of 6.5 lbs. Such a low weight induction cooktop is most suitable for portable uses. You can carry it anywhere, especially when going on long trips. All you need is a plug socket to make food.
- The temperature variations that can be brought to the product lies between 100 degrees F and 575 degrees F. All these temperature ranges can be changed with a span of 5 degrees F. This small variation helps in bringing the precise temperature. Since the cooktop is made of titanium, the temperature will be precisely held.
- The NuWave PIC Titanium model is mainly the best product for its given price due to two reasons. One is the power rating it provides. There is no other induction cooktop that can be availed for such an economic price with high power ratings. For a rating of 1800 Watts, a kettle of water can be boiled in less than 90 seconds!! You cannot get another cooktop for the same price with such huge power ratings. The other main reason is the enhanced product quality with the use of titanium on the cooktop surface. This one addition gives the product a life span of almost 13 to 15 years!! No other cooktop in the market can guarantee this. Most cooktop products bought at this cost may have to be replaced shortly due to their low quality. This is not the case with the NuWave Titanium model.
- As explained in the beginning, the cookwares should be induction friendly, with a maximum diameter of 9.5 inches. Although the total diameter of the surface is 12 inches, the red circle drawn inside the surface is the maximum cookware placing dimension.
- The product is inbuilt with a delayed shut off feature that recognizes the pan taken away from the surface while cooking. The device waits for 10 seconds for the pan to be kept back on the surface. If not, the device automatically turns off and saves power. It can only be turned on manually later.
- The product is also included with a complete cookbook to practice cooking new foods, a quick start cooking guide and an instructional DVD. There are many options that are explained in these manuals that can help while cooking. One such instruction is in changing the temperature settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and backward. All these short hacks can be done with the program button given in the controls.
- The company provides a warranty period of 2 years.
- Though the power ratings are quite high, the product is strictly meant for home use, as the cooktop dimension is usually more than 9” for commercial purposes.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://amzn.to/21C0JK7″ size=”large” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” color_class=”otw-orange” target=”_blank”]View More Features of NuWave Titanium Model Induction Cooktop[/otw_shortcode_button]
NuWave PIC Titanium Model – Specifications
|Model||NuWave PIC Titanium|
|Dimensions (LxBxH)||16.2 x 14.3 x 3.6 (Inches)|
|Shipping Weight||7.5 Pounds|
|Power Ratings||1800 Watts|
|Voltage Ratings||120 V/60 Hz AC - 15 Amperes|
|Timer Mode||10 Hours @ 1 Minute Interval|
|Temperature Mode||100 Deg F to 575 Deg F @5 Deg increments
|Power Mode||100W to 1800W|
|Cookware Base Diameter||9.5" (max)|
|Cooktop Surface||Ceramic Glass|
|Power Cord Length||6 Feet|
|Warranty||1 Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty|
One review says that one of the pros of this product is that there is no concentrated heat spot on the surface even with large pans. This means that even larger pans can be used, irrespective of the surface diameter. Another comment says that this product is easier to use and faster to cook than an electric stove. A negative comment suggests that even though 5-degree temperature increments are good in terms of precision, the +/- signs do not have a push and hold feature to go through the temperatures in one touch. Another user experienced a problem saying that whatever the power level may be, the product has a loud noise, which is sometimes annoying. The underside quality of production is quite cheap. Otherwise, most of the customers have reviewed this product with a positive vibe.