The advantages of using an induction cooktop is more than enough for a common self cooking family to buy one. It has now become a trend in replacing or adding an induction cooktop to their household. Its small size and lightweight makes it adjustable to any kitchen. Since an induction cooktop does not have an open flame like a traditional gas cooktop, there is no risk of any kind of fire. Thus, it greatly enhances the safety of your family. Also, these cooktops come with automatic shut-off features that provides more safety than ever. As there is no heat produced by the cooktop, there is no danger involved even by touching the cooktop surface while cooking. The only con is that the cookwares used on the cooktop has to be induction compatible. That is, the utensils must have a magnetic bottom. The most commonly used cookwares are those with bases made of cast iron, enameled iron and steel, and stainless steel with magnetic base. Check out for the best induction compatible cookwares here!
The NuWave 30101 model 1300 Watts Induction Cooktop is being reviewed in this post. There are many combo offers available with this model, like induction compatible frypans and flexible turners. You can avail these offers from the amazon links given on the image below.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://amzn.to/1pov0e6″ size=”large” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” color_class=”otw-orange” target=”_blank”]CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON[/otw_shortcode_button]
Read more reviews on these best selling Nuwave Induction Cooktops, so that you can choose wisely before buying.
- Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop 2 (PIC2) with Grill
- NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC) 14.5″ with Anodized Fry Pan
- NuWave PIC Titanium Model 1800 Watts Induction Cooktop
- Nuwave Precision Induction Cooktop
- NuWave PIC Pro 1800 Watts Induction Cooktop
About the Product
The NuWave 1300 Watts 30101 Model Induction Cooktop has a single in-built heating element that is round in shape with a dimension of 9 inches cooking space. This space is indicated by a red ring on the surface. However, since the heating on the base of the cookware is identical in all places, pans that have dimensions up to 12 inches can be used. The heat will transfer slowly but precisely to the outer edges. The maximum size of pots and pans that can be used is 12 inches. The controls are placed on the front of the cooktop in a separate bulge which adds more style to the cooktop. The controls include a start/stop button, an easy to read LED display, the +/- buttons to increase and decrease temperatures, the clear/pause button to reset settings, the program button and the time button. The control panel is also equipped with buttons like Low, Medium-Low, Medium, Medium-High, High and Maximum, which are basically pre-programmed temperature settings provided for faster cooking.
- The product has an overall dimension of 16 x 7 x 15 inches. The product weighs 5.4 pounds which is light enough to carry it anywhere you go. Whether you use it for indoor or outdoor purposes, all you need is a standard U.S electrical outlet.
- The product comes with air vents situated at the back of the product. The main aim of this vent is to provide a path for the extra heat that is produced by the heating element to escape. This provides more cooling for the cooktop and ensures that no heat is transferred to the cooktop surface, thus enhancing safety.
- The surface of the cooktop is made of heat resistant glass that keeps it always cool to the touch and the material is easy to clean with a damp cloth. No kind of marks or spills will stick to the cooktop surface.
- The product offers precise temperature control, with ranges between 100 degrees F and 575 degrees F sear. There are 6 different temperature settings that are adjustable in 10 degree increments. The Low button has a temperature setting of 100 degrees F and is mainly used for warming food. The Med-Low button has a temperature of 175 degrees F and is used for simmering. The medium button maintains a temperature of 275 degrees F and is used for steaming. The med-high button is used for deep frying purposes and maintains a temperature of 375 degrees F. The high button is used for saute purpose and maintains a temperature of 425 degrees F. The Max/sear button, as the name implies is used for searing and maintains a maximum temperature of 575 degrees F.
- The time button is used to set the actual time needed for cooking. This can be set from a minimum of 1 min to a maximum of 100 hours. When the power is given to the induction cooktop, the default values that appear on the LED screen are 425 degrees F (High setting) for a period of 1 hour.
- The heat source under the cooktop is basically electromagnetic coils that transfers the electromagnetic current in the form of heat to the cookware above.
- The cooktop has a default setting to show the temperature in Fahrenheit. To convert the reading to Celsius, press the program button, followed by the – button. Press – button again to convert to Celsius. To return to Fahrenheit, press – button again. To opt out of the F/C conversion option, press the Pause/Clear button until a “0” appears on the LED screen.
- A delay function is also in-built with this product. This function is used to start the set programs at a delayed time. The step by step procedure is given in the manual.
- A lot of Error functions are also in-built to warn the user of problems like cookware detection, malfunctions, over/under voltage warning, overheating due to air ventilation problems, overheating due to temperatures above sear value, maximum time warning and so on. All these error messages will be warned by separate symbols on the LED screen and will follow a beep to notify the user.
- The induction cooktop and all electrical components that come along with the product are under warranty of two years.
- The product includes a Quick Start Guide, a complete cookbook/manual, and an instructional DVD.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://amzn.to/1pov0e6″ size=”large” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” color_class=”otw-orange” target=”_blank”]View more features of NuWave 30101 Model Induction Cooktop[/otw_shortcode_button]
The customer reviews are above average. Most of them complain about the product turning faulty in less than 2 years. The temperature setting starts to change after a long use. But most of the uses are happy about the heat generated and controlled throughout the cooking process. For such a small cost, this induction cooktop is heavily loaded with features.