Do you know? Rockwool is the largest stone wool franchise, providing worldwide services for the last 80 years. Rockwool’s North American division known as Roxul Incorporated recently announced a merge with the parent brand. Therefore, the door of Rockwool now opens in North America. With Roxul or Rockwool, you are zero steps back from reliable and adequate insulation. ROXUL has gained immense popularity and opened up discussions while evolving its branding into ROCKWOOL. Nevertheless, both are sufficiently equipped to level up your sweet home’s insulation purposes. Both Roxul and Rockwool specialize in manufacturing mineral wool insulation. Don’t know what that is? Allow us to explain.
What Is Mineral Wool Insulation?
Before you leap into the differential analysis between the two, get yourself acquainted with the primary makeup of the insulation. Mineral wool insulation is manufactured with basalt rock and slag in its recycled form. The insulation composition serves as excellent for the insulation of both residential and commercial structures. It comes with solid fire-resistant properties and acts as a poor heat conductor. Thus, resonating up the internal environment of the buildings with the external one. Similarly, it’s highly non-flammable, eliminating safety concerns for many. Not only this, you’ll be grateful for mineral wool insulation once you have it all professionally installed, because of its acoustic dampening properties.
ROXUL Insulation (now known as ROCKWOOL insulation) is a mineral-based product, mainly installed as an insulation material. ROXUL Insulation is a perfect option to refill concrete floor slabs and use them as exterior surfacing, ceiling slabs, and insulating piping systems. The high-grade ROXUL Insulation is sufficiently UL/ULC tested. That makes it an ultimate choice for flame containment.
The key features of ROXUL are:
- ROXUL has incorporated a stone wool insulation with a relatively higher melting point of 2150 °F (1177 °C).
- The rock used for its manufacture is a non-combustible stone.
- ROXUL insulation is less prone to weather change, even if the temperature in your vicinity may rise on an extremely hot summer day.
- You might be concerned over moisture entrapment in ROXUL insulation since it is all about flame resistant abilities. Well, ROXUL won’t retain any moisture; instead, it acts as an excellent moisture repellant.
- Since the material is greatly fire and moisture resistant, you don’t need to worry about microbial growth inside the insulation layers.
- ROXUL is easily installed with a foil facing side.
This was all about the ROXUL mineral wool insulation rebranded into the current ROCKWOOL.
ROXUL Rebranded to ROCKWOOL
As the President ROXUL Inc. announced:
“ROXUL is soon to be ROCKWOOL in North America,” by Trent Ogilvie.
Since the inception of 2018, the rebranding amendments have taken their way through all the products of ROCKWOOL. No doubt, this rebranding has led the company to excel through global endeavors. It has promoted trading and marketing objectives in North America for the parent brand.
The following are the features of the original mineral wool product from Rockwool.
- You have to worry less about energy consumption once you’ve properly installed your ROCKWOOL insulation because of its excellent energy retention.
- The actual cost you’ll spend over installing the ROCKWOOL Insulation system is way compatible with its extended-lasting properties. Thus, having a lessened utility cost.
- The non-organic structure provides ultra-protection from moisture and, ultimately blocks microbial growth. Your Insulation is completely anti-bacterial, in case you’re worried about pests taking over it.
- The quality of the elemental composition is top-notch due to the main ingredient being natural minerals. This means Rockwool’s durability is simply unparalleled.
- Rockwool also offers a great deal of fire resistance. In the case of a house fire, rest assured your insulation is on your side.
The Bottom Line
Roxul has rebranded into Rockwool, but the product remains pretty much the same. Now that you understand the purpose of the rebranding, it is time to look into the places you’re looking to get mineral wool installed. The walls of your home or any commercial building (be it interior or exterior), attics, or even crawlspaces, you know which insulation to go for.